CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Difficult Life for International Student-by Selina

Before I went abroad, I always thought that everything was so wonderful there. I could study English rapidly in an English-speaking country, walk in the breeze, and hear the fall leaves singing by my ears. After my arriving, I find that something is out of control and life is difficult.

First, I have trouble understanding English. I live in the U.S.A., so the majority of people around me are American. They speak very fast. For instance, when I was having my dinner, my friends were talking about something. Suddenly, all the girls started to laugh except me. I was embarrassed and did not know what made them laugh. Furthermore, when I ask my teachers some questions, they give me the answers with words that I do not know. Although teachers are patient, I am still confused. In addition, I have some problem in shopping. I do not know the English names of goods, so it is difficult to search for them.

Second, transportation is hard. I do not have a car, but shops are far away. Some people do not have a car likewise, but they have boyfriends or girlfriends who have cars. I do not. Moreover, Saluki Express is inconvenient, for it will make a detour for a long time.

Third, food is another problem to me. American food is often cold, but all food is hot in my home country. I cannot get used to American sweet food for too much sugar. American sauces make me uncomfortable, either too sour or too bitter.

In short, I think that life is difficult for me. To illustrate, the language, transportation and food are problems. Nevertheless, I have learned a lot of things, and this life can be viewed as a good chance to challenge myself. I am excited to accept these challenges and make sure that I can overcome them finally.

0 comments: