CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My experience in CESL

During the time that I have been in the U.S., I have learned many things. First, I think my English has improved so much. Before I came here I could not write a page in English, but now not only I can write more than a page but also I have been learning new forms to write. For example, I am learning how to write summaries, summary responses, and argumentative essays. This is new for me because I did not know that until I came here. I think it is interesting and I like do that.
I think that writing a summary is like eating an apple because almost every body eats an apple in the same way (biting the apple) and with a special system (APA).
Also I think a summary response is like an orange because when you eat an orange you have to take away the peel to enjoy the fruit. When you do a summary response not only you have to do a summary but also you have to say what are you thoughts about the article.
Finally I think that when you do an argumentative essay you have to know about the topic in order for your readers to enjoy whatever you write. And like a mango, you have to know the exact moment to eat and enjoy that.
Adriana

0 comments: