CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

how mental states can influence physical health by maxime ghislain ZONDO

maxime ghislain zondo
Eap1
writing assignment
topic 3




According to Seal (1997) in” psychology and cancer,”he discusses how our mental state can influence our physical health. Without doubt, it is clear that the mind plays a powerful role in the health of the body. To illustrate that, I can refer to evidence in the chapter, and support it by my own experience and beliefs.

As evidence, after an even that can lead somebody in depression situation, this person is easily exposed to lack of confidence that can cause a lot of disease such a cancer. That what has been proven by a study of widowed husband? Therefore, in the study of widowed husbands, schiefler et al. (1980) found that within two months after the deaths of their wives, these men’s white blood cells functioned less effectively. As the moment the mind is a strong support of our body, when the mind is affected, I think the body also is affected and in this case, your health is severe touched by disease.

In addition, when you have strong mind, I think you have good health and you are not expose to sickness, and the same time you feel happy and you will be able to do whatever you like. For instance, when the student time of stress arrives, such a exam the student can easily caught a disease because his immune cells become less active and his resistance to disease decrease.


Furthermore in my own personal case when I was in my A level class, I have a girlfriend she came and tell me that she got pregnant and I am responsible for that. I was so surprise and afraid because my parents can never hear that, I don’t really know what to do, I was thinking seriously and too confuse, I was not feeling good in my mind .I could not keep one sentence in my mind .the result of that I failed my exam that time.

All in, more you feel good with your mind, the more you feel healthy. That is why the mental states can influence physical health. With good health, you have everything

0 comments: