CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Van Gogh (1853~1890)

Although I do not know a lot of information or history of art, I would like to go to a museum just to look at pieces of art. Sometimes I went to a museum on the weekend when I felt tired because of exercise. One day, before I went to the National Gallery in Korea to look at Van Gogh's masterpieces with my friend, I searched on the web to learn who he was. He was one of the geniuses in the art field. He was going to be a minister in a church, but he could not; however, he got a mental problem. Moreover, he always had trouble with his family and friends. His mental problem made it hard for him to keep a relationship with other people. When he was ok, he only focused on drawing pictures. One of his stories is that he cut his ear by himself after a controversy with his friend. Finally, he killed himself by gun in 1890. In my opinion, people who are called genius have different thought and ideas; as a result, they always have a problem in relationships with other people and also seem lonely. It makes them "crazy," and changes their life "specially."

Sungu, Kim

0 comments: