CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

RRJ # 1

You,Byung-Hyuck (Tez)
EAP1A

(09/03/07)

Reference:
Potter, J. (2007, July, 9) Choi wins Wood’s inaugural tourney at Congressional. USATODAY Retrieved from http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2007-07-08-choi-woods-tournament n.htm

Summary:

In Jerry Potter’s article, “The Tank wins Woods’ first tournament at Congressional,” he explains who the champion is, how he learned golf, and how he won the tournament. First, the author claims that Choi of South Korea has marched to victory in a championship hosted by Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus. Choi has physical stamina from his boyhood so that most people are calling him “The Tank”. Next, the author explains that Choi learned how to play golf in South Korea from a celebrated golfer’s autobiography. Finally, he says that Stuart Appleby was the leader until the third round, but it was Choi who won the tournament. The way Choi played in the final round reminded people of the way Tiger Woods plays. In Potter’s article opinion, he tells us that Choi got popular because of his fortitude, and gives us important information about his perseverance and efforts.

Reaction:

My major is architectural design, but my other major is golf, so I was very interested in reading about this Korean champion at the recent golf tournament. The article gave me some strong points and impressions. Choi, who is the winner of the golf tournament, shows me that nothing can be obtained without effort, and success only comes to people who try and put effort to it no matter how talented they are. I learn that the true meaning of success is neither money nor popularity. If I try to achieve my goal and do my best, it is a true success. Choi who is the winner of the golf tournament shows me that people need perseverance and to put forth effort in order to be successful. I also learn that people get the successful life if they put forth more effort all the time, and they can’t achieve anything without perseverance.

0 comments: